Dredge Slurry dewatering system is dredge slurry separation system consist of shale shaker, desander, desilter or decanter centrifuge for 3 to 6 stage separation depending on the needs. OilFieldScreens Dredge sludge dewatering systems are available in 500GPM, 1000GPM, 2000GPM, 3000 GPM and 4000GPM.The configuration of the selection of the stages is according to client requirement.
6 Stage Dredge Slurry Dewatering System
OilFieldScreens Dredge Sludge Dewatering System Process
- 1. The dredged slurry enters into the slurry separation system from the dredge or intermediate pool.
- 2. In the first phase the slurry passes over scalping shale shakers to remove debris and larger particles. The debris can include: grass, roots, leaves, cans, plastic, rags and bottles. Coarse Solids will be removed from the fluids.
- 3. The sludge with the above debris and coarse solids removed drops into an isolated section of the tank where it is picked up by a centrifugal pump.
- 4. This pump moves the slurry to the second stage, which is the De-sanding stage.
- 5. Here the slurry is pumped through the de-sanding Hydro-cyclones, which removes the solids above 60 micron size.
- 6. The overflow from these hydro-cyclones drops into a second isolated tank section, while the underflow is deposited onto vibrating screens for drying of the solids.
- 7. The slurry, which now has solids removed above 70 microns is picked up from this tank section by a second centrifugal pump and pumped through a batch of 4 inch de-silting hydro-cyclones to remove the solids passed by the hydro-cyclones. This dewatering stage removes solids down to 20 microns size. Again the overflow from the de-silting hydro cyclones drops into the third tank section, while the under flow is discharged onto vibrating screens for drying.
- 8. Like the 4 inch desilting stage, the 2 inch desilter dewatering stage will remove solids above 10 microns.
- 9. The mechanical decanter centrifuge without chemical will remove solids about 2-5 microns.
- 10. The chemically enhanced decanter centrifuge separation will remove solids about 0 microns.
Clients can choose any of the above dredge slurry dewatering stages configuration according to the conditions. OilFieldScreens can customize the dredge sludge dewatering system in different size and different mounting types include skid mounted or trailer mounted.